The Open Studios events are held in private homes, studios and public spaces. Each venue displays a red Open Studios banner, and the directory map shows all the venues so that you can plan your visits.
Opening days and times vary, so it’s worth checking the individual artists’ pages on this website or in the directory. Here you will also find information on whether for example the garden will be open, refreshments offered or if there are demonstrations to enjoy.
Entry to each venue is free. All the artists will have original work for sale and many will have cards and prints available. Many will also take commissions.
There is, of course, absolutely no obligation to buy anything. Visitors are welcome simply to have a look round, to talk to the artists, and to learn about the techniques and materials involved in their work.
Please note that the exhibitors do not generally accept card payments so come prepared with cash or a cheque book.
Everyone is welcome – we simply ask that you respect the artist’s property when you visit.
We print a directory before the event every year which provides a handy guide for visitors as well as serving as a year round guide to artists in the area.
It is distributed to participating artists as well as key venues in the area, including Tourist Information, libraries, theatres, galleries, shops, restaurants and pubs.
You can now view or download our online brochure here: PAOS Directory 2018
The Peterborough Artists’ Open Studios Group cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or injury sustained by any member of the public visiting the studios. The public does so entirely at their own risk.
As most venues are private homes there may not be specialist access for disabled visitors. If in doubt, please telephone the artists in advance to discuss your requirements.
PAOS FREE PRIZE DRAW
Your Chance to win £100
To celebrate our 18th year of Open Studios this year, we’re offering you the chance to win £100 to spend with the PAOS artist(s) of your choice.
For a chance to win, collect 8 stickers from 8 different venues (each venue has a corresponding number on the grid in your brochure) An artist at the venues you visit will add a venue sticker to the grid in your brochure. Once you have 8 stickers, please fill in your details, cut out the page and hand it to an artist at one of the venues, scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to PAOS 2018 Competition, 102 Church Street, Werrington, Peterborough PE4 6QF.
You can enter more than once if you’re really crazy for local art and have visited many more venues. But remember all entries must be in multiples of 8.
Entry closes at the end of events on 12 midnight on Sunday 8th July. The winner will be notified by the end of July
Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over and UK residents.
2. No purchase is necessary and no maximum number of completed entries.
3. The free prize draw closes at 12 midnight Sunday 8th July 2018.
4. PAOS 2018 members exhibiting aren’t eligible to enter the prize draw.
5. The winner will receive £100 in vouchers to spend with the PAOS 2018 artist(s) of their choice before 31 December 2018. No cash alternative will be offered in lieu.
6. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winner will be contacted by Tuesday 31st July 2018. The winner will be expected to take part in publicity regarding the prize draw.
8. By taking part in PAOS 2018 Prize Draw you are agreeing for your name and photo to be used on the www.paos.org.uk website and other social media.
Find out more about the genius behind the monumental canvases currently on display in Peterborough Museum & City Gallery, modernist More
Vivacity is thrilled to bring back Antony Gormley’s Places to Be to Peterborough City Centre, coming in May 2018 To celebrate the More
John McGowan Printmaker is opening his art studio as part of Northborough Open Gardens John’s studio is located at: 39 More